The Graha Shanti Puja refers to a set of rituals performed to remove all the “graha doshas” or negative effects of the malefic planets and pacify them so that one’s life can be free of hardships and hurdles. This Puja is performed before moving into a new house whether rented or owned. Performing this Puja also bestows the dwellers of the home with peace and prosperity. It is conducted on an auspicious date compatible with Janma Nakshatra of the wife or the female family head. It includes Havan and Navagraha Jaaps.
Significance of Graha in our lives-
All of our lives are greatly impacted by the placement of Grahas or planets in the natal chart. There are 9 Planets/Grahas that affect almost every aspect of a person’s life. The different Grahas include Surya, Chandra, Mangal, Budh, Brihaspati, Shukra, Rahu, Ketu, and Shani. The influence exerted by these nine planets is referred to as “Dasha.”
The good or bad times in a person’s life are attributed to the placement of planets. Well aligned planets are responsible for fortunate events in one’s life and misaligned planets are the reason for unfortunate events. Each of these 9 planets play their own unique roles in our lives and misalignment of these planets may affect one in an inauspicious manner which may in turn affect one’s career, relationships, finances, health or love/marital life.
Graha Shanti Puja Vidhi
- It is preferable to keep a vrat/fast from dawn to dusk on the day of the Puja.
- The priest performs the puja and the head of the family takes the Sankalp. He offers flowers, mango leaves, rice, and grain, and prays for the well-being of the house and all its members by chanting mantras and reciting all their names.
- The Navagraha Mantra is chanted while the puja and Homan are performed. Worship the God of the planet that is weak. Conduct the Puja with full devotion and dedication.
- Perform the Havan and worship the deity.
- Donate foods and clothes. Distribute the Prasad to all members.
- After the puja, dig a pit, place all the materials used in the puja and cover it.
Benefits of Performing Graha Shanti Puja-
- Protects the house from negative energy, evil eyes and increases the flow of positive energy in the home.
- Bestows the family with prosperity, harmony and good fortune.
- Purifies the surrounding and environment of the home with holy vibes and a divine ambiance.
- Helps to overcome and removes any obstacles and hurdles one may come across in their life.
- Ensures that the Vastu Purush and the nine planets are revered to prevent untimely and unfortunate events from happening to both the home and its dwellers.
Started by IIT graduates, DevDarshan is Devotional Platform for 5000+ Hindu Temples in the Indian Subcontinent. DevDarshan’s long term vision is to provide a digital platform to Temples and Gurus for sharing the millennia-old teachings of Indian culture in the world and by doing so, projecting Bharat (India) as Vishwa Guru (Universal Leader) through its rich cultural and spiritual heritage.
DevDarshan facilitates online Daily Darshan, Pujas and digital donations for Devotees. Due to the present state of the pandemic, the majority of the Temples have shifted to conducting online Graha Shanti Puja for the convenience of the Devotees. However, it becomes a bit of a hassle to connect to the Mandir priests to get the puja conducted. DevDarshan can come to your rescue at that moment. DevDarshan is a platform which provides a smooth interaction between the Temples, Pandits and the Devotees without much worry and hassle. It also conducts online Pujas such as online Graha Shanti Puja. Check out the online services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click.