Shree Satyanarayan Vrat Puja is a puja devoted to Lord Vishnu who is considered as one of the greatest Hindu trinities. The word “Satyanarayan” is an amalgamation of two words, ‘Satya’ meaning truth, ‘Narayan’ meaning the highest and ultimate form of being. Therefore Lord Vishnu is referred to as the personification of the truth and the preserver of the universe.
Significance of Satyanarayan Vrat Puja-
Satya Narayan Puja can generally be conducted on any ordinary day, however the full moon day is considered as extremely auspicious to perform the Puja. The Puja is conducted to express gratitude to the Lord during times of achievements or on any other favorable occasions. Observing the Satya Narayan vrat (fasting) is regarded as auspicious since it signifies dedication to the Lord. Establishing this pious religious connection with the Lord and performing the Puja regularly marks a remarkable shift in one’s fortune. The benign energy from the ritual creates a protective shield around one’s surroundings and bestows people with good health, wealth,prosperity and other worldly attributes.
- Haldi (Turmeric powder)
- Kumkum ( Red vermillion or Sindoor )
- Navadhanya ( nine types of grains each representing one of the navagraha ( nine planets )
- Naivedhya (food which we offer to God )
- Incense sticks.
- Sandal paste.
- A photo framed picture or idol of Lord Satyanarayana.
- wheat or jwar (not rice)
- Betel leaves (100)
- Betel nuts (50)
- Coins (40)
- Dry Dates/ Almonds (50)
- Coconuts (8)
- Flowers, Tulasi leaves
- Oil lamp
Benefits of conducting Satya Narayan Vrat Puja
- The Puja helps in strengthening one’s mental health and in turn helps one stay focused.
- It also improves one’s health and concentration power.
- Performing the Puja removes the effect of all the sins performed by a person in his/her past.
- It guides a person to conquer all his fears and helps him overcome the hurdles in life.
- It increases one’s intellect or power to understand the difference between good and bad and thus helps him to lead a truthful life.
- Praying to Lord Satya Narayan with full devotion helps in fulfilling the needs and desires of a person.
- It helps a person in controlling his/her anger and aggressiveness.
- Brings abundance of prosperity, harmony and happiness in one’s life.
- Removes the effects of grahas that may cause sudden death.
- Couples wishing to start a family also conduct Satya Narayan Puja to seek Lord Narayan’s blessings.
- Removes the chances of financial losses and ensures good wealth
Satya Narayan Vrat Puja Vidhi
- The fast can be performed by anyone on a full moon day. You can perform it either in the morning or in the evening. The observer needs to fast till the puja gets completed smoothly.
- The puja begins by offering prayers to Lord Ganesha. Then the worship of Lord Vishnu begins. A special bhog made of yogurt, sugar and honey called “Panchamrit” is prepared which is poured on the image of Lord Vishnu.
- Then the devotees chant “Satyanarayan ” 1008 times after which a special yagya takes place. In that ritual, fruits and flowers are put as offerings into the fire. The priest then reads the Satyanaryan Katha and everyone pays full attention.
- This is followed by the aarti in which all the family members or friends can take part. Lighting the oil lamp is a pivotal part of the aarti since it is believed to spread positive energy in the house. Finally, after all the necessary rituals are done, the auspicious Prasad is distributed among the devotees.
Started by IIT graduates, DevDarshan is Devotional Platform for 5000+ Hindu Temples in the Indian subcontinent for Temple Darshan. DevDarshan’s long term vision is to provide a digital platform to Temples and Gurus for sharing the millennia-old teachings of Indian culture in the world and by doing so, projecting Bharat (India) as Vishwa Guru (Universal Leader) through its rich cultural and spiritual heritage.
DevDarshan facilitates online Daily Darshan, Pujas and digital donations for Devotees. Now, due to the present state of the pandemic, most of the temples have shifted to conducting online SatyaNarayan Puja for the convenience of the devotees. However, it becomes a bit of a hassle to connect to the Mandir priests to get the puja conducted. Dev Darshan can come to your rescue at that moment. Dev Darshan is a platform which provides a smooth interaction between the temple houses and the devotees without much worry and hassle. It also conducts online Pujas such as online Satya Narayan Puja. Check out the online services provided by Dev Darshan here and get your bookings done in one click.