Lord Hanuman is considered one of the most famous deities in Hinduism. He is regarded to be an embodiment of devotion (Bhakti), service (Seva) and surrender (samarpan, egolessness). He is also regarded as an incarnation of Lord Shiva. Hanuman Jayanti is one of the major festivals in Hinduism celebrated by Devotees with great zeal and energy. It is celebrated during Chaitra month on a full moon day. It is believed that Bajrangbali, also called Sankat Mochan, was born on this day and Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated to observe the birth of Lord Hanuman.
Hanuman Jayanti Puja Date, Timings and Muhurat
In the year 2023, the Hanuman Jayanti festival will be celebrated on Thursday, April 5, 2023.
- Purnima Tithi Starts: 09:19 a.m on April 05, 2023
- Purnima Tithi Ends: 10:04 a.m on April 06, 2023
Benefits of conducting Hanuman Jayanti Puja
- Worshipping Lord Hanuman is very helpful in getting rid of all ailments in life and also gives the courage to overcome any kind of fear.
- It is also said that people who wish to obtain strength and wisdom should perform Hanuman Jayanti Puja.
- It also helps in improving one’s physical and mental health and building emotional stability.
- The puja protects one from any kind of evil spirits, and black magic and helps in achieving good health.
- It eradicates all obstacles that come in the path of accomplishing a difficult task.
Interesting Legend behind Hanuman Jayanti Puja
According to a legend, it is said that once the demon king Ravana caught and imprisoned all the nine planets. It was Lord Hanuman who fought with Ravana to free all the planets. All the planets thanked Lord Hanuman and said that they will never harm any devotee of Lord Hanuman. Therefore, any ill effect of any planet can be eluded by worshipping Lord Hanuman.
- The devotees should wake up early in the morning and take a bath on the day of Hanuman Jayanti.
- They should wear red clothes since doing so on this day is considered auspicious.
- The devotees should maintain celibacy throughout the day and maintain a strict fast if they can.
- While conducting the Hanuman Puja, the devotees should apply vermilion mixed with jasmine oil to Lord Hanuman.
- Puja offerings: red flower garlands, incense sticks, oil lamps, jaggery, laddus etc.
- Then the Hanuman Chalisa and the Sunderkand katha are recited during the puja, after which Prasad is distributed among the devotees.
- People doing the puja and keeping a fast should keep away from meat and alcohol on Hanuman Jayanti.
- Finally, the devotees should visit any nearby temple in the evening and seek blessings from Lord Ram, Lakhan, Sita and Lord Hanuman.
Check out about various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. If you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked it.
Also read: Gudi Padwa 2023: Importance of the festival