Labh Panchami 2023 denotes the final day of the Diwali celebrations. As per the Hindu Calendar, the festival is celebrated on the Panchami i.e. the 5th day of Shukla Paksha in the Kartik month. This day is also popularly known as Saubhagya Panchami, Gyaan Panchami, etc. This day is known for the reopening of shops and the establishment of new business ventures after the long Diwali holidays and has great importance in Gujarat. Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi are worshipped on this day for prosperity and well-being.
When is Labh Panchami 2023?
Labh Panchami 2023 falls on Saturday, November 18, 2023.
Auspicious time for worship on Labh Panchami
Pratah Kala Labh Panchami Puja Muhurat: 06:47 a.m to 10:31 a.m
Duration: 03 hours 44 mins
- Panchami Tithi Starts: 11:03 a.m on November 17, 2023
- Panchami Tithi Ends: 09:18 a.m on November 18, 2023
Significance of Labh Panchami
The word ‘Labh’ means a benefit, hence this day is believed to bring merits and good luck in the lives of the individuals. Shops that remain closed for holidays on big festivals like Diwali reopen on the day of Labh Panchami 2023. Some traders also start a new business on this day since it’s considered auspicious. Before reopening the shops, Ganesh Puja and Lakshmi Puja are conducted to seek the blessings of both deities for gaining profit in the business throughout the year.
Know the Significance of Laxmi Puja
Labh Panchami 2023 Worship Method
- Take a bath in the morning, wear fresh clothes and offer Arghya to the Sun. Pray to Surya Dev for the removal of all troubles in business or jobs throughout the year.
- Then clean the puja place and install the pictures or idols of Lord Ganesha and Mata Lakshmi at your and if possible at your business establishment.
- Invoke Lord Ganesha and worship him with full devotion. Also, recite Ganesh Sankatnashan Stotra.
- After this invoke Mata Lakshmi and worship her. After anointing her idol with Gangajal, offer clothes, fruits, flowers, red chunni and bhog to her.
- Light an oil lamp and an incense stick in front of the deities. Then recite Sri Sukta in front of Mata Lakshmi. After the Puja, distribute the Prasad among the devotees.
- Visit the temple of Lord Shiva in the evening and seek his blessings for gaining profit in business for the whole year.
Also, learn about the Importance of Lord Shiva’s Puja
- Some devotees even worship their books on the day of Labh Panchami to increase their knowledge and wisdom.
- This festival is also marked by people visiting their friends and relatives and exchanging sweets to signify and strengthen sweet relationships.
- Donating food, clothes and money on the day of Labh Panchami is also considered auspicious.
Labh Panchami Ganesh Mantra
|| Lambodaram Mahakayam Bhuvaktram Chaturbhujam ||
|| Avahyam Devam Ganesham Siddhimam ||
|Fifth Mantra of Lord Shiva
|| Trinetreya Namastubhyam Umadhardharine ||
|| Trishuldharian tubhyam bhutanam pataye namah ||
You can also chant any one mantra of Mahalakshmi on this day.
DevDarshan is a platform that provides various Online puja and services for devotees. Click here to get your online puja bookings done. If you’re interested in knowing more about the rich history, culture, temples and astrology of India, then download the DevDarshan App on your mobile phone now.