Lord Narasimha is a fierce incarnation of Lord Vishnu. There is no one equal to his power and might. Lord Narasimha is extremely fierce but very tender from the inside too. He’s always there standing like a rock to protect his devotees. The birth anniversary of Lord Narasimha is celebrated as the Narasimha Jayanti 2023 on the Chaturdashi day of the Vaishakh month.
Know how to do special worship of Lord Narasimha to gain special benefits on Narasimha Jayanti 2023.
When is Narasimha Jayanti 2023?
This year, Narasimha Jayanti will be observed on Saturday, May 4, 2023.
Purnima Tithi Starts: 08:21 p.m on July 02, 2023
Purnima Tithi Ends: 05:08 p.m on July 03, 2023
What is the Importance of Narasimha Jayanti?
Narasimha Jayanti is a festival to celebrate the strong relationship between the devotee and the Lord. Prahlad was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu. He used to pray Lord day in and day out, which was not liked by his father, King Hiranyakashipu. When the tyranny of King Hiranyakashipu on his devotee Prahlad reached its peak, then the Lord became angry and in this anger, he assumed his fiery incarnation. Even in anger, Lord Vishnu didn’t lose control of himself. He attacked only the enemies and not the innocent humans.
This incarnation teaches us that even when we are angry, we should not give up our conscience. We must have compassion for mankind. Narasimha Jayanti is also a festival symbolizing the victory of good over evil. By celebrating Narasimha Jayanti 2023, we should take a pledge to keep ourselves motivated in our devotion to God and stay away from evils.
Know about the other Avatars of Lord Vishnu – Vamana Avatar
Know the Story of Lord Narasimha on Narasimha Jayanti 2023
In ancient times, there were two demons Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu. Once Hiranyaksha hid the earth in the sea, therefore, Lord Vishnu took the incarnation of Varaha to take out the earth and kill Hiranyaksha. Hiranyakashipu was filled with anger towards Lord Vishnu to avenge his brother’s murder. He did hard penance and took a boon from Brahmaji that neither any arm nor any weapon, neither day nor night, neither man nor animal, neither deities nor demons could kill him.
He misused this boon and started torturing people. His wife Kayadhu gave birth to a son whose name was Prahlad. Prahlad became a great devotee of Lord Vishnu. Hiranyakashipu did not like this and made various efforts to kill Prahlad. In the end, Lord Vishnu killed Hiranyakashipu by taking Narasimha’s avatar from a pillar. The devotees observing a fast on Narasimha Jayanti 2023 should definitely read the Vrat Katha since it’s considered very beneficial.
How to Worship on Narasimha Jayanti 2023
- Wake up early in the morning, take a bath and wear fresh clothes.
- Then clean the picture of Lord Narasimha. Clean the puja space and set it up for the Puja.
- Take the blessings of Lord Ganesha before conducting the puja.
- After this, offer red flowers and pitambar to Lord Narasimha.
- Offer fresh fruits and sweets to him as Bhog. Make a wish and chant any mantra of Lord Narasimha 108 times.
- Conclude the puja and distribute the Prasad among the devotees.
Special Mantras of Lord Narasimha
|| Kshroam || This is the Beej Mantra of Lord Narasimha.
|| Ugram Veeram Mahavishnum, Jvalantam Sarvatomukham ||
|| Narasimham Bhishanam Bhadram, Mrityormrityu Namamayham ||
|| Om Nrim Nrum Nrum Narasimhay Namah ||
Narasimha Gayatri Mantra || Om Vajrankhay Vidmahe Tekshna Dantraya Dhimahi. Tanno Narasimha Prachodayat ||
Chant any of these mantras as per your wish on Narasimha Jayanti 2023 to receive beneficial results.
Special Remedies to Perform Narasimha Jayanti
- Offer Nagkesar to Lord Narasimha in his temple to gain wealth.
- Offer a peacock feather to the Lord on Narasimha Jayanti to remove the malefic defects in the horoscope.
- You can offer curd to Lord Narasimha to avoid problems that may lead to court visits.
- To remove the unknown fear of enemies, bathe the Lord’s idol with cold water.
- If there is any financial loss then offer silver to the Lord on Narasimha Jayanti 2023.
Check out various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. If you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked it.