Lord Vishnu holds a significant place in Hindu tradition. He is regarded as the preserver of the universe and has a place in TRIDEV– Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. Being a supreme god in the Vaishnava tradition, he is the god of protection, preservation and Moksha Dharam restoration.
Lord Vishnu Puja is a holy ritual in which offerings are made to Lord Vishnu. Being one of the divine forms of Trinity-Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh-Lord Vishnu is considered the most powerful and diverse form. Lord Vishnu is often considered a ‘Guru’ too, which means the one who guides others on the path of ‘Dharma’ and ‘Spirituality’.
In Vedic Astrology, the planet Jupiter is considered a ‘Guru’ and it also signifies Lord Vishnu. Thursday is the day which is governed by Jupiter. Participating in Lord Vishnu Puja is the best remedy to avail peace and happiness in life along with attracting wealth and opulence.
Also Read: The Importance of Hanuman Puja
Lord Vishnu Puja 2023
Lord Vishnu Puja is performed on all auspicious days, festivals and special occasions to please Lord Vishnu and seek his blessings. However, the most important days on which Lord Vishnu Puja should be performed are Purnimas, Ekadashi and Thursday. Lord Vishnu puja on these days is highly beneficial and fruitful.
Significance of Lord Vishnu Puja
Lord Vishnu is considered to be propitious and is worshipped all over the country as he has the power to bring happiness in life and overcome any situation.
- Lord Vishnu is the preserver of the universe.
- Lord Vishnu protects Devotees who worship him with a protective seam.
- For the salvation of humankind, Lord Vishnu has taken many avatars.
- Through His many avatars, Lord Vishnu has gained victory over Evil.
- Performing Lord Vishnu puja and worshipping him on auspicious days like Purnima is highly beneficial.
Lord Vishnu Puja Vidhi
Lord Vishnu Puja holds greater significance to please Lord Vishnu and Maa Lakshmi to attract fortune and success. Especially, participating in Lord Vishnu Puja on auspicious days and special occasions is highly beneficial and rewarding. So, let’s find the religious rituals, that is, Puja Vidhi to be performed during Puja.
- Take a bath early morning and keep fast during the day.
- Chant Vishnu Sahastranama and Narayana mantra 108 times to make puja successful.
- Wash Lord Vishnu’s idol with Panchamrita and then place the idol on Asana.
- Offer incense sticks, light two diyas made of ghee, and offer flowers to the lord and chant his 108 names.
- Perform aarti and offer Bhog/Prasad to Lord Vishnu.
- Conclude the puja by sharing the prasad with neighbours and relatives.
Mistakes to Avoid During Lord Vishnu Pujan
- Don’t perform puja without taking a bath.
- Don’t do puja after the meal. This puja should be done by commencing fast throughout the day.
- Do not offer borrowed or stale flowers to the god.
- Every time you enter a temple or your worship place, wash your hands and feet before entering.
- Do not eat or chew anything whether it’s a toffee or tobacco while performing puja.
Benefits of Participating in Lord Vishnu Puja
By participating in Lord Vishnu Puja, Devotees get assorted and propitious. Your professional life becomes elevated and you will be able to overcome any obstacles. You are blessed with happiness and peace in life. So, let’s see some more benefits of participating in Lord Vishnu’s puja on auspicious days.
- Worship of Lord Vishnu brings growth, prosperity and success in professional life.
- Helps to remove struggles, unhappiness and hindrances
- Brings harmony and peace to the family
- Helps to dissolve bad deeds, bad karma and wrongdoings and paves the way to liberation or Moksha
- Protects you from dangers and unprecedented issues
- Helps to heal and protects against diseases
- Brings peace and all-round happiness in life
- All kinds of sins will be removed from his life.
- You will become mentally strong and will be able to take the right decision at the right time with your focused approach
- Your health will be in good condition.
- You will get freedom from all troubles and come out as a winner.
- Problems related to progeny and marital life will get resolved.
- It will be easier for you to connect yourself with divine power and spirituality.
- You receive blessings from Lord Vishnu.
- You gain respect and trust from your close and dear ones. You get support from relatives during difficult times.
- You gain ceaseless growth and good fortunes.
Check out various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. If you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked.