Saturn or Shani is known to be a planet that can create a lot of destruction in one’s life. That is why most of the devotees fear Lord Shani and try to be away from his wrath. Lord Shani is also known to teach great life lessons during the hard phases of Mahadasha, Sade Sati and Dhaiya. One of the most difficult alignments for Shani is when it occupies the 4th or 8th planet from the Lagna or Ascendant.
This alignment is known as Shani Dhaiya and it can last for up to two and a half years. During this period, devotees have very slow or negligible growth which makes them very impatient and depressed. However, this is one period in life where people should think and introspect about their deeds and move ahead with good karma. These two and a half years may remain full of difficulties and challenges but handling things with patience is the only fruitful way out of this phase.
Also, Know about the Importance of Shanivar Vrat and Its Benefits
According to the mythological stories, Lord Shiva was the one who gave the task to Lord Shani Dev to give punishment to the ones who have committed sins. Here are some of the famous examples from Hindu mythology. Lord Rama, the King of Ayodhya faced the effect of Shani Dhaiya in Ramayana. Despite being the king and having huge support from the residents of the kingdom, Lord Rama was put in a situation where he had to leave the entire kingdom in the hands of his brother and faced an exile of 14 long years. A tale very similar to this epic can be seen in Mahabharata where the Pandavas lived as refugees for a long period of time in the forest.
Learn about the Shani Grah Shanti Puja to Reduce Effects of Shani Dhaiya
Effects of Shani Dhaiya
- Loss of patience and instability is one of the most negative effects of Saturn’s Dhaiya.
- During this time, people may also face problems professionally, be it loss in business, issues in jobs, etc.
- Stress, mental pressure and aggression are also common traits of people who are under the influence of Shani Dhaiya.
- People under the influence of Shani Dhaiya may face the loss of a closed one during this period.
- Facing financial losses and falling into a debt trap is another dangerous effect of Saturn’s Dhaiya. As a result of this people may get frustrated and get into addictive things such as gambling, drugs, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, etc.
- Some people may also develop major problems with family members due to their rude and stubborn behaviour. According to astrology, during this time children generally have issues and clash of opinions with their father.
Remedies to Nullify the Effect of Shani Dhaiya
- If Saturn is not rightly placed in your horoscope then it’s very fruitful to perform Shani Havan or Shani Graha Shanti Puja.
- Worship a Peepal tree every Saturday and light a lamp of mustard oil near the tree to nullify the effects of Dhaiya.
- Performing the Rudrabhishek Puja in honour of Lord Shiva can also be fruitful to reduce the effect of Dhaiya. Panchamrit Abhishek of the Shivling can work magic.
- Hanuman Chalisa is said to be a very powerful text which gives a lot of fruitful benefits. Reciting the Hanuman Chalisa every Tuesday and Saturday can be extremely helpful in pacifying the effect of Shani Dhaiya.
- Try this auspicious activity of pouring cow milk mixed with sesame seeds on Shivling every Saturday.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or non-vegetarian food during the Shani Dhaiya period. Eat khichdi regularly since it helps in pacifying the negative effect of Shani.
- Apply mustard oil on your body and nails before sleeping on a regular basis to please Lord Shani. Devotees should also see the shadow of the idol of Lord Shani in mustard oil to get auspicious results.
- Wear black coloured clothes on Saturdays and visit the Shani Temple to nullify the effects of Shani Dhaiya. Offer black sesame seeds, mustard oil and black lentils to the Lord and worship Shani Dev with full devotion.
- There are numerous Shani Mantras that can be recited to nullify the malefic effects of Shani Dhaiya. Some of the powerful ones are Shani Maha Mantra, Shani Gayatri Mantra, Shani Beej Mantra, etc. Recitation of the Shani Stotra Path is another important and mandatory thing to do every Saturday for people under the influence of Shani Dhaiya since it helps to bring mental peace and stability.
Shani Mantras to Chant to Get Rid of Shani Dhaiya
Shani Maha Mantra
|| Om Nilanjana samabhasam raviputram yamagrajam ||
|| Chaya martanda sambhutam tam namami shaishcharam ||
ॐ निलान्जन समाभासं रविपुत्रं यमाग्रजम।
छायामार्तंड संभूतं तं नमामि शनैश्चरम॥
Shani Mantra for Success
|| Om Shri Shani Devaayah Namo Namh ||
|| Om Shri Shani Devaayah Shanti Bhavah ||
|| Omm Shri Shani Devaayah Shubham Falh ||
|| Om Shri Shani Devaayah Falh Prapti Falh ||
ॐ श्री शनी देवायः नमो नमः
ॐ श्री शनि देवायः शान्ति भवः
ॐ/ श्री शनि देवायः शुभं फलः
ॐ श्री शनि देवायः फलः प्राप्ति फलः”
Shani Moola Mantra
|| Om Sham Shanaiscaryaye Namah ||
ॐ शम शनैस्चर्याये नमः
Shani Gayatri Mantra
|| Om kaakadhwajaaya vidmahae
khadga hastaaya dheemahi
tanno mandah prachodayaat ||
ॐ काकध्वजय विद्महे”
खड्ग हस्तय धिमही
तन्नो मंडः प्रचोदयात”
Shani Beej Mantra
|| Om praam preem praum sah shanayishraya namah ||
ॐ प्रां प्रेम प्रयां सह शंभुरया नमः।
DevDarshan is a platform that provides various Online puja and services for devotees. Click here to get your online puja bookings done. If you’re interested in knowing more about the rich history, culture, temples and astrology of India, then download the DevDarshan App on your mobile phone now.