Akshaya Tritiya 2023 is celebrated on the third day of Shukla Paksha of the Hindu month of Vaishakh. The festival is also called Akha Teej. It is believed that any auspicious work or charity done on this day provides great virtue to the devotees. Akshaya means something which never ends. This day is also called Swayam Siddha Tithi. Many people perform different kinds of auspicious work on Akshaya Tritiya to receive the divine blessings of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu.
When is Akshaya Tritiya 2023?
In the year 2023, Akshaya Tritiya will be celebrated on Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Tritiya Tithi Starts: 07:49 a.m on April 22, 2023
- Tritiya Tithi Ends: 07:47 a.m on April 23, 2023
- Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat: 07:49 a.m to 12:20 p.m
What Is the Importance of Akshaya Tritiya
According to Hinduism, Akshaya Tritiya is a day on which many auspicious works have taken place in the past. It is believed that Ganga descended on earth on Akshaya Tritiya. Akshaya Tritiya was also the day of the beginning of Satyug and Tretayug. The incarnation of Lord Nar-Narayan, who did severe penance in the Badrinath region, also took place on Akshaya Tritiya, so on this day, the doors of Badrinath opened after 6 months. The birth anniversary of Lord Parashurama also falls on Akshaya Tritiya. Therefore, this auspicious day walks with a huge legacy.
Know how to worship Akshaya Tritiya 2023 and what is its method.
How to Perform Akshaya Tritiya Puja
Goddess Lakshmi is specially worshipped along with Lord Vishnu on Akshaya Tritiya. On puja day, take a bath in any holy river early in the morning. Install the idols of Lord Vishnu and Maa Lakshmi. Then invoke Lord Vishnu and Maa Lakshmi. Offer yellow clothes, fruits and pure Bhog to the Lord. After this, recite any Vishnu mantra at least 108 times. To get the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi, recite Sri Sukta. One must also worship Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati on the day of Akshaya Tritiya 2023. Offering mango to the Lord in any Shiva temple opens the doors to economic progress. You can also distribute these mangoes among poor children after the puja. It is also best to offer rice in any Vishnu temple and distribute it among the poor and needy. This year on Akshaya Tritiya 2023, you can make your life prosperous by taking these measures.
Know how to please Lord Shiva through Rudrabhishek Puja
Know More About Akshaya Tritiya Vrat Katha
According to the Akshaya Tritiya Vrat Katha, in ancient times a merchant lived in Dharmadas. When he started suffering losses in business, someone suggested that he should fast on Akshaya Tritiya, worship Tridev and seek blessings from them. When the festival of Akshaya Tritiya arrived, Dharamdas observed a fast with full devotion. He worshipped Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva and Lord Brahma and bathed in a holy river too. Staying hungry and thirsty throughout the day, he fasted with utmost dedication and worshipped Goddess Lakshmi in the evening. He also donated food to the poor and needy. This pure-hearted charity and donations got him a lot of blessings and immense benefits. He got returns in multiples of what he had donated. After that, he fasted on Akshaya Tritiya for the rest of his life. He also got his next birth as a king.
Do you know: Satyanarayan Katha helps to attract wealth and prosperity
Why is It Auspicious to Buy Gold on Akshaya Tritiya
As the name suggests, the work done on Akshaya Tritiya gives various results and benefits. Any kind of auspicious purchase on this day means that that item will remain inexhaustible with us and will increase continuously. Buying gold is a symbol of economic progress. If we buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya, then it grows in abundance and our economic progress continues. If one cannot buy gold, then they must buy silver, steel utensils, pens, copies or food items, so that there is an abundance of that particular thing in their life.
Gold Purchase Muhurat on Akshaya Tritiya 2023
Akshaya Tritiya Gold Purchase Timings: 07:49 a.m to 05:48 a.m, April 23, 2023
Remedies to Get Lakshmi According to Zodiac on Akshaya Tritiya
- Aries – Buy gold or silver utensils. Donate red clothes to a poor person.
- Taurus – Donate seasonal fruits. Also, buy some auspicious jewellery.
- Gemini- Donate green moong. Offer fruits to a Vishnu temple.
- Cancer – Make secret donations to Shiva temple. Donate a pot full of water to the Shiv Ling.
- Leo – Donate white clothes. Buy gold ornaments.
- Virgo- Donate fruits and green clothes to any poor person. Buy pens, books, notebooks etc.
- Libra- Donate any silver item to a poor person. Buy silver jewellery for yourself too.
- Scorpio- Donate salt, wheat, oil and red chilli to a poor person. Buy good clothes for yourself.
- Sagittarius – Offer pitambar to Lord Vishnu or Lord Shiva. Buy yourself some gold jewellery.
- Capricorn- Offer shoes or slippers to a poor person. Buy something you like for yourself too.
- Aquarius- Offer a blanket or cotton clothes to a poor person. Buy yourself some silver jewellery.
Also find Benefits of Worshipping Lord Shiva According to Your Zodiac Sign
Check out various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. If you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked it.