The month of Sawan is considered to be the most auspicious in Hinduism. Sawan is considered to be the favourite month of Lord Shiva, so in this month the devotees of Lord Shiva are completely indulged in fasting and worship of Mahadev. Worship of Lord Shiva on Sawan Somwar (Monday) gives special benefits. Know the dates, muhurat and worship method for Sawan Somwar 2022 through this DevDarshan blog-
When is Sawan Monday 2022?
In the year 2022, Sawan Somwar will start from Monday, July 14, 2022, Thursday. The month of Sawan will end on Friday, 12 August 2022. All Mondays in the month of Sawan are called Sawan Somwar. There will be four Mondays in Sawan in the year 2022.
- First Sawan Somvar – July 18, 2022, Tithi- Panchami
- Second Sawan Somwar – July 25, 2022
Tithi – Dwadashi
- Third Sawan Somwar – August 1, 2022
Tithi – Chaturthi
- Fourth Sawan Somwar – August 8, 2022,
Tithi – Ekadashi
What is the importance of Sawan Somwar?
There are many mythological stories related to Sawan Somwar. It is believed that when the demons and the gods churned the ocean in the month of Sawan, Lord Shiva drank the poison that came out during the churning. Then his body got burnt with tenacity. To cool down this penance, he held the crescent moon on his head. According to some other legends, Mata Parvati also observed a special fast on Sawan Somvar to get Lord Shiva as her husband.
Thus, it is believed that women and unmarried girls can be blessed with a successful married life by observing the fast of Sawan Somwar. On the other hand, it is also said that the easiest way for men to overcome their financial, physical and mental problems is by observing the Sawan Somwar fast. On this day all the wishes of the devotees who perform Rudrabhishek Puja are fulfilled. Lord Shiva is always pleased with such a devotee.
Worship method for Sawan Somwar 2022
- Goddess Parvati is also worshiped along with Lord Shiva on Sawan Monday. On the puja day, wake up early in the morning and after taking a bath, take a vow to worship and fast on Sawan Somwar in front of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati.
- If you can’t take the vow with Sanskrit mantras, then there’s an alternative to that too. You can take the vow of fasting with water in both palms.
- First of all, worship Lord Ganesha. Then go to Shiva temple and anoint Mata Parvati and Lord Shiva with Panchamrit. After this, bathe the idols with Gangajal and clean them with a piece of cloth.
- After this, shringaar is done for both the deities. Items like chunari, mehndi and bangles are offered to Goddess Parvati. A sacred thread is also offered to Lord Shiva. Devotees can offer Bilva leaves, sweets and fruits as Bhog.
- Light a lamp in the temple and chant the mantras of Lord Shiva. Restrain from eating food on this day. Fruits can be consumed.
Some special remedies for Sawan Somvar 2022
- Go to Lord Shiva’s temple on Monday and donate an umbrella to a needy person after Darshan.
- Perform special Abhishek of Lord Shiva on Sawan Somwar by putting black sesame in milk to eliminate the impact of chronic diseases.
- Anointing Lord Shiva with honey on Sawan Somwar ends problems in relationships.
- The sacred festival of Rakshabandhan is also celebrated in the Sawan month itself, so it’s auspicious to gift something to your sister on Sawan Somvar.
- The consecration of Lord Shiva with sugarcane juice removes the obstacles coming in the way of economic progress.
- Anointing Lord Shiva with saffron mixed milk removes the problem in education.
- Devotees can fulfill all their desires by writing “Om Namah Shivaya” on 21 Bel leaves on Sawan Somwar 2022.
Check out about various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. If you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked it.